While realizing that children take as normal the presence of ICT in society which lives with them ( statistics reveal that the young population in our country use ICT much more than other age levels), must be conscious that training in the use of ICT is not enough, especially when dealing with the safe and responsible use.
With these thoughts in mind, we understand that it is necessary to promote tecno-pedagogical training of the teaching staff. These aspects were taken into consideration in the development, more in line with the times, introducing necessary tools and innovating with a didactic proposal which use technologies as a resource which favours teamwork, the development of social skills, creativity, the possibility to experiment and the curiosity to know and investigate, always from the perspective of the responsible use of ICT
As main objectives we underline the promotion in safe and responsible use of ICT by children, develop personal competences in this area, incorporate ICT as a tool for work and participate in the Information Society in a democratic and respectable way.
The development of was carried out as follows; “Qué pasa con las TIC”:
1. Development and production of the materials (manuals files, videos and documentation)
What´s with ICT? (For boys and girls between 8 and 12 years old)
- 20 DVD-Videos between 5 and 8 minutes in length which deals with 20 interesting themes and which use different technologies.
- - A Safety Guide and the responsible use of ICT, gives teachers and families tools and advice to work with ICT in both the school and at home.
2. Distribution of didactic programmes and training .in schools in the region as a strategy for e- inclusion from the point of view of education and directed to families and teachers.
- 70.000 students and all of the 251 schools in Asturias benefitted from “What´s with ICT”?
- 20 videos will be shown on the Regional Autonomous Television Network(RTPA) of What´s with ICT.
- Specific parts of the programme have been developed and adapted for other regions in Spain such as Cantabria and Murcia.